Your cart is currently empty!
FluteXpansions Sonic Immersion – July 8-16, 2023
Summer courses / / 91 views / New Featured
FluteXpansions Sonic Immersion (July 8-16) is a catalyzing program for all professional, post-grad, graduate, or undergraduate flutists to become confident in themselves as artists while mastering the 21st-century skills flutists need in their toolkit for performing and teaching.
Learn both practical step-by-step guidance and pedagogical suggestions for integrating everything into your own teaching, and perform in masterclasses for renowned contemporary flute specialists.
Faculty include Matthias Ziegler, Ine Vanoeveren, Lisa Bost-Sandberg, Eric Lamb, Jane Rigler, Melody Chua, Hilary Abigana, Morgann Daivs, Meerenai Shim, and Shanna Pranaitis (course coordinator).
Here’s what you will learn during FX Sonic Immersion:
- Improvisation: simultaneously rewire your brain to release perfectionism, self-doubt, and performance anxiety, while you are expanding your creative interpretation skills and ability to be in the moment when performing
- Master the extended techniques and expand your sound palette to create more colors in your tone, more flexibility in your embouchure, and even better intonation control
- Hybrid Arts (theater, movement, storytelling, etc): you will be ready to create the exciting concerts you’ve dreamed of performing.
- Electronics: Feel confident about performing with electronic media and setting up hardware on your own
Beyond all this, the non-hierarchical community environment is designed to support somatic and inner well-being:
- Classes in Yoga and Feldenkrais address physical well-being and injury prevention.
- Meditation, mindfulness, and integrative mindset coaching sessions specifically provide tools for taming internal negative dialogues and beliefs.
- Deep Listening deepens connections between our instruments, listening and creativity
We are radically committed to equity, accessibility, and diversity as a core value of collective empowerment. By remaining online, we have a diverse international body of participants who would not otherwise be able to participate if they had to travel due to costs or life situations.
Utilizing cutting-edge technology it feels like we’re all in the room together, interacting and playing in real-time.
We are extremely proud to offer a pay-what-supports-you sliding scale tuition and equity scholarships. Everyone who wants to attend and is a good fit for the program will be able to attend.
Deadline to enroll is June 1, 2023.
Visit the website or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Listing ID: 12292
- Country: Worldwide
- Duration of this listing: 6 months