Your cart is currently empty!
University System of New Hampshire
Teaching Jobs / / 169 views
Resident Artist in Flute
Primary Teaching Responsibilities:
• Teach weekly private lessons to flute students
• Teach a weekly studio class to flute students
• Recruit prospective flute students to the UNH Music Department
• Maintain a commitment to sustain and advance the goals of the institution’s diversity of students, faculty, and staff
• Please note that this position requires weekly travel to Durham, NH.
Please be prepared to submit the following with your application
• A letter of application
• Curriculum vitae
• Links to video or audio recordings of performances (provide links to online platforms such as YouTube, Vimeo, or a personal website via pdf document uploaded to “other”)
• Contact information for at least 2 references whom we may contact
Durham, NH USA
• Appropriate master’s degree with significant professional experience
• Established success in flute instruction and performance
Part-time (hourly) position, no benefits. $60/hour with possible additional compensation available for recruiting and chamber music coaching.
Additional Job Information
UNH is a federal contractor within the meaning of the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. This position requires that you be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless you apply for and receive a religious or medical exemption.
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or marital status.
Special Instructions to Applicants
INTERFOLIO USERS: If using Interfolio to submit letters of reference, please follow the special instructions at this link: https://pa-hrsuite-production.s3.amazonaws.com/2729/docs/126635.pdf.
Instructions for reference providers can be access at: https://support.interfolio.com/m/29600/l/266335-submit-a-letter-of-recommendation-to-interfolio.
The University of New Hampshire is an R1 Carnegie classification research institution providing comprehensive, high-quality undergraduate and graduate programs of distinction. UNH is located in Durham on a 188-acre campus, 60 miles north of Boston and 8 miles from the Atlantic coast, and is convenient to New Hampshire’s lakes and mountains. There is a student enrollment of 13,000 students, with a full-time faculty of over 600, offering 90 undergraduate and more than 70 graduate programs. The University actively promotes a dynamic learning environment in which qualified individuals of differing perspectives, life experiences, and cultural backgrounds pursue academic goals with mutual respect and shared inquiry.
The UNH Diversity Resource Guide with information and programming available in the seacoast area, New Hampshire, and the region can be found here: https://www.unh.edu/hr/diversity-resource-guide