Your cart is currently empty!
We welcome everyone to participate in our open project.
We publish 4 editions per year: June 20, September 20, December 20 and March 20. The deadlines to submit your article is the last day of the previous month (May 31, August 31, November 30 and February 28). Keep in mind that once your article is accepted, we might need to communicate further to polish all details and the visual until it all approved from both sides. Try not to wait till the last day, so we have enough time to make your article looking its best.
Since The Babel Flute offers an immediate translation to over 100 languages, we welcome you to write an article in your native language. If you choose to submit a video, please, give us a written abstract in either English or your chosen language.
You can illustrate your article with pictures (remember about copyrights, when submitting pictures. Do not submit pictures you don’t have rights to. Provide authors’ names and titles of works when ever you know them) and/or video examples (links to Youtube or a similar video host).
If you would like your article to be published, please confirm it back to us as soon as possible, so we can reserve a space for you in the closest upcoming edition! Send us an email at email@example.com
As a preference, we accept articles and research that have never been published before. Our goal is to provide a unique content to our readers and highlight our authors, promote you and your articles in social media and send many readers on your way!
We look forward to work with you!
- Choose a category (i.e. physiology, flute technique, repertoire, etc…).
- Gather as much information as possible.
- Identify the details that are most significant.
- Arrange the information and the facts in a logical way.
- Discuss the opinion and the matter in an organized and descriptive manner.
- Keep the introduction of the topic catching, interesting, and short.
- Always use proper grammar, spelling, and proper punctuations.
- Proof read it before submission.
What we need
Please, read carefully before submission, as not following the requirements will result in delaying publishing your article to the next edition.
1. Article file in a Word/text format
Send your article in the text format (.doc, .docx, .txt; NOT as PDF), as an attachment in your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Biography for the article
Keep it to 2-3 paragraphs. Remember that your readers can go to your website, using your links to read more.
3. Picture of you for the biography
4. Your credentials for the Our Team page
Look at the examples on the “Our Team” page (Write just a couple phrases, i.e. Flute teacher at…..; flutist at…..; researcher at……; student at……).
5. Three links
Include up to 3 links of your choice to your website, Facebook page, Instagram page, Youtube channel, etc.
6. A main image for the article
This image will be shown on all other pages along with the title and should reflect the essence of your article. Please, do NOT suggest a picture of yourself for this image.
7. Images for the article
All images to be used in the article body must be ATTACHED to your email as separate files. Make sure they are in a good resolution and not copyrighted. You are responsible for verifying copyright and obtaining permissions, if applicable. Where possible, images should have descriptions such as copyright information, names, years, etc. (Leave space for images in the article file where you want to place them and add descriptions there)
8. Video links
If you illustrate your article with video examples, add links to videos in the article body (in the Word file) and sign their titles/descriptions. Videos must be hosted on Youtube or Vimeo.
Objectives for article writing:
- It brings out the topics or the matter of interest in the limelight
- The article provides information on the topics
- It offers suggestions and pieces of advice
- It influences the readers and urges them to think
- The article discusses various stories, persons, historical events, rising-issues, and technical developments
Key points to keep in mind
- The topics of the articles should be unique and relevant
- The article has to get attention
- It has to be interesting
- It has to be easy to read
- The reader is identified
- Find the main goal of writing an article. The goal can be anything from providing information, entertainment, and advice or for comparing, etc.
- The title must be eye-catching, clear, and interesting
- The introduction or the starting paragraph must be highly attentive. Use your vocabulary skills or try to use some interrogative words for the start
- Use clear statements and make assertions
- Avoid repetition and over the top logic and reasons
- Use the style of paragraph writing and write the contents uniquely and unambiguously
- Avoid using the points which interest you only and not for the general public
- Write a good and logical ending
We expect authors who want to work with The Babel Flute to be corteous and have good manners in emails. We all work as a team.
The Babel Flute team reserves a right to send back your article for more work and making sure it follows our guidelines.
The Babel Flute team reserves a right to decline it if we feel that there is not enough value and quality in the material or if communication in emails is contrary to good and respectful manners.